All that ChatGPT can’t do…yet
"ChatGPT is scary good. We are not far from dangerously strong AI," tweeted Elon Musk. ChatGPT has created a stir worldwide ever since it launched in November 2022. Suddenly everyone was gushing about how ChatGPT is writing poems, recipes, and even code for them! Twitter was flooded with screenshots of how ChatGPT responded to their queries – sometimes personal dilemmas- and the response floored people. How did ChatGPT get there?
So, ChatGPT is an Artificial Intelligence (AI)-driven language processing system that allows its users to converse like humans with chatbots and beyond.
ChatGPT has rapidly become one of the most successful and fastest-growing applications among its competitors. An analysis by Swiss bank UBS identified that ChatGPT had an impressive 100 million active users in 2 months, compared to TikTok, which took 9 months to reach 100 million users.
Despite its phenomenal success, ChatGPT still has limitations and needs to be guided by good old human intelligence. Let’s explore some of the challenges with ChatGPT.
What can't ChatGPT do?
One of ChatGPT's shortcomings is its inability to respond to questions phrased in a specific way, as it requires rewording to grasp the input question. Some of the tasks that ChatGPT still cannot accomplish are as follows:
1. Limitations of generating incorrect information: ChatGPT sometimes gives wrong answers. Computer scientist Andrew Ng has even gone so far as to describe its wrong answers as "sometimes hilariously wrong," which could be quite worrying. After all, you wouldn't want to be taking advice from an AI program that's not only wrong but also convinced that its answer was correct. Therefore, differentiating between right and wrong answers is essential when using a language model like ChatGPT. Otherwise, you may take advice without realizing it's leading you in the wrong direction.
2. Bias in ChatGPT: Exploring how ChatGPT can exhibit biases and how to recognize and address these biases.
ChatGPT is not immune to bias, which can be a major issue for successful AI operations. Like many other AI models, it is limited in its training data, which can lead to discriminatory results for many groups. The limited training data makes it difficult for the model to make unbiased decisions. This is a challenge in AI tools that needs to be.
3. Limited knowledge of the world and events: ChatGPT's AI platform primarily uses language models trained using data from before 2021. For example, a prompt like "Who won the football World Cup 2022" may render no result.
The chatbot may be useful in everyday conversation or research on ongoing or past topics. But you should be cautious when relying on its answers for up-to-date information. While its machine learning algorithms are quite advanced, they lack a comprehensive understanding of recent events and world information.
4. Contextual limitations: ChatBOT struggles with complex contexts and the interpretation of natural language. Human logic differs from machine logic. ChatGPT hasn't evolved to handle tasks requiring complex judgement or common-sense reasoning. Similarly, while we can trust the software to pick up on certain nuances in conversations, the best action plan is still to ask a real person if an additional context is needed.
5. Handling multiple tasks: ChatGPT has come a long way in large language processing and conversation, especially focusing on one task at a time. However, its limitations become apparent when multiple tasks are presented to the model. It cannot effectively decide on what is most important, leading to poorer performance. This problem negatively impacts both accuracy and effectiveness.
6. Inability to make decisions: The software cannot make any kind of decision on its own. This means that when using ChatGPT, it's important to rely on human guidance for support. You can use ChatGPT's knowledge base to make informed choices with prompts and guidance from an expert or a knowledgeable person on the given topic. No wonder Twitter and LinkedIn are flooded with posts on ChatGPT prompts.
Navigating the change with iView Labs
So, there is a lot to be tapped into the technology. And AI is evolving rapidly. There were more than a thousand new AI apps released just in March! Hence, businesses need a reliable partner who can help them stay updated with all the latest advancements in this field. iView Labs can be a potential partner to help navigate the rapid technological transformation and curate the best solution for your organization.
With ChatGPT and other AI tools still limited to basic use, iView Labs can be a one-stop solution for all your technical needs. With an impressive team of experts, our services help businesses develop and implement digital solutions easily and quickly.